[argyllcms] Re: [argyllcms]

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:37:07 +1100

Dariusz Żurawski wrote:
*  what white point should I set before creating ccmx for LCD - native (RGB
gains untouched) or D65?

*  should  I  create separate matrices for different brightness levels (80,
100, 120 and 140cd)?

In theory it shouldn't matter, since the ccmx characterizes the
spectral interactions, and the spectral behaviour doesn't
change with white point, brightness etc.

* should I create additional matrices for different observers (2deg, 10deg)?
I don't know if it will have any future use with Spyder3

You should if you think you may want to experiment with them latter.

If I were you, I wouldn't be too disappointed if you have to go
through the whole process twice, once to figure it all out, and
then latter when you have a better understanding and more confidence in it.