[argyllcms] Re: Of ink limiting and maximizing gamut

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 01:43:08 +0000

Hi :)

Martin Weberg wrote:

I prefer plotting a and b together looking through the L plane, which
I think better illustrates how CMY would effect the final gamut. If
the color bends (shift hue) really fast it's often really obvious that
adding further ink will not expand the gamut.

Yup, I shall try that in due course. I suspect that will be case for Cyan in the graphs plotted I linked to - which would make sense since that seems to be the channel which most easily saturates the paper.
I need to be prepared to handle an individual ink limit for each channel.

Then I prefer to limit
right at the start of that bend or just a little beyond (subjective? I
know :-)).

Whatever works, I guess :)

Thanks again for the input

All the best,