[argyllcms] Re: Of ink limiting and maximizing gamut

  • From: Martin Weberg <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:17:40 +0100

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 19:03, Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
> I've determined the maximum input level at which I can
> print a single ink before the paper starts to saturate.

To my experience on proofing paper, an a/b plot on each CMY color tend
to curve (or L plot plateau for K) well before any paper saturation
occurs. Maybe you are putting on too much ink per color to begin with?
Have you done a/b plots for CMY colors and L plot for K?

After that you determined the ink limit for CMYK colors you need to
determine the total ink limit and now it really comes to how much ink
the paper could take. Practical drying time and rub-off resistance
versus minimum L.

This is the basics and maybe you've already tried it :-)

Martin Weberg