[argyllcms] Re: Camera matrix profile, adding ti3 perfect white data set

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:31:10 +0100

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Pascal de Bruijn
<pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
>>>
>>> behavior of the camera with a matrix-only model. IMO it may indeed make
>>> sense not to attempt to fit the flare in the measurements, but rather
>>> use a more constrained model which rather prevents fitting the flare,
>>> because flare depends on the captured scene, having a different
>>> intensity and color at each pixel of the image. The way how the RGB
>>
>> So in principle the normal models will attempt to model and therefore
>> remove flare captured in the scene, although the flare removal
>> may not be terribly accurate.
>>
>> In the next release I've added a new option "colprof -am" to create
>> a matrix only profile (ie. gamma = 1.0), since it may be useful
>> for calibrating raw input devices where the sensor linearity
>> can be assumed, and it's not desirable to remove flare :-)
>
> Sweet.

I just built the 1.1.1 Beta sources, and tried -am vs -aS and the
difference seems very minor?

Are the beta sources on the website up to date?

I assumed with -am that I would have to apply a gamma curve in my RAW converter?

Maybe I'm not getting this?

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn