[argyllcms] Re: Camera matrix profile, adding ti3 perfect white data set

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:08:04 +1100

Elle Stone wrote:
range. Indeed a problem I've had with the argyll profiles is that
colprof insists on concluding that the profile needs a gamma of 1.05
(for a linear raw shot). If I apply the argyll profile to the dynamic
range series, I have to apply an exactly opposite counter-corrective
gamma to get the shots to all line up as 256 128 64 32 16 etc. as they
should in a linear working space. So I use argyll to get the primaries
and then alter the profile TRC from gamma 1.05 to gamma 1.00.

Is that with matrix or cLut profiles ? Do you have an example
.ti3 you could send me ?