[argyllcms] Re: Camera matrix profile, adding ti3 perfect white data set

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:46:35 +0100

edmund ronald wrote:
Klaus,

 Cameras are not scanners. Although sensor metamerism is a big
problem, linearity is not a practical issue with camera profiling, I
believe.

I agree. As I already said, the issue is not non-linearity. Linearity errors play only a minor part, except for the extreme ends of the response curve where noise, straylight* and sensor saturation come into play.

*) sorry, but my overreliance on the spell checker defaced "straylight" to "straightly" in my last mail.

Klaus