[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating a digital photo frame

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:26:15 +0100

On dimanche 16 décembre 2007, Martin Ling wrote:

> Presumably this would involve putting the frame into a slideshow mode
> and guessing from the PC when it should have changed images? If you're
> lucky then the slideshow timing will be consistent, if not it could get
> out of sync easily.
>
> The other option of course is to bodge up a way to plug/unplug the frame
> from the USB port and operate the remote control, all from the PC. Could
> be as simple as a couple of transistors hooked up to a serial/parallel
> port.

It can be done, but I will first try the first solution. I plan to generate
images with their num patch, and use the new -C option of dispread to call
a script which just wait for a key pressed. Then, I manually change the
patch on the photo frame.

I will also try the other solution with chartread...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org