[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC1 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:34:33 +1100

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
No, it isn't, sadly - subchannel generation throws another spanner in the works - though a less severe one, I think. If I understand Gutenprint's subchannel method correctly, you could potentially see maybe 120% ink coverage from the main and subchannel combined, at about 75% input - but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Light ink separation generally makes the middle much bigger
than it otherwise would be, while 100% out is generally back
to 100% - ie. it's only at the overlap that more than 100% is possible,
and even that isn't certain.