[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC1 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:31:01 +1100

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

However, when working with inkjets there's an additional gamma adjustment required - outside the regular calibration path. Normally it's buried inside the printer driver, but with enough control over the driver (which we have with Gutenprint) it doesn't have to be.

If it's a usable range adjustment then I don't think this is
necessary or desirable, since it is a linear scaling, and the
usable range will generally be set such that 100% out of calibration
results in approximately equal ink in the screened device channels.

I certainly don't think it will help things if the calibration is being
told to limit the device maximums to 25% and the total ink coverage to
70% ...