[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC1 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:04:39 +1100

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
I'm looking forward to playing with this in detail when I have time.

I thought you might.

I've just run printcal on a CMYKcm .ti3 file from gplin and my Epson R285, and noticed that the DELMAX_AIM values for c and m are somewhat lower than I expected. Would this be due to the reduced L range for these inks?

Hmm. As far as I can tell the auto aim values are for 100% colorant
for your file (ie. if you do a plot with -p, all the crosses are at 1.0),
since your device response is already pretty linear, and doesn't fall
over very much near 100%.

[If you look at the .cal then DEVMAX_USED is 1.0 for all the inks.]

Of course the two light inks are capable of less DE than the full inks,.
and this is reflected in the DELMAX_AIM values.

cheers,