[arachne] Re: Slow scrolling of large screens

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 06:16:45 -0500

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:07:11 +0000, Udo Kuhnt wrote:

> In this case, I do not see any relation between the smooth scrolling
> limit in Arachne and a similar limitation of the hardware, so it is
> probably an artificial limit that should at least be configurable, or
> preferably be disposed of entirely.

Preferably, yes. "Someone" should do that. Perhaps an eccentric
millionaire will hire some programmers to adapt Arachne to todays's
hardware. We can only hope.

It's something of a miracle that Arachne scrolls  at all considering
it's origin in the frustrations of Czech college student in 1995
with how slow Windows and Netscape ran on his 386!

By the way Arachne is ten years old now. The first official release
was in the spring of 1996.