[arachne] Re: Slow scrolling of large screens

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:16:57 +0000

>> Yeah, except that it is no longer "realtime smooth scrolling". If the
>> option calls this "Netscape", then why can this not be done like in
>> Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox? I.e., move the whole screen in realtime while
>> scrolling instead of jumping to the next position and redrawing it?
>> And why does Arachne not update the screen in real time when the
>> horizontal bar is moved? That would be much nicer.

> She _can_ do that.

> But only 'to a limit'.

> That limit is about 1600 pixels wide, or about 200 characters per line.

This would only allow smooth scrolling of about 2/3 of the maximum
screen width.

IMO, such a limit is a bad idea. Any limit that the user regularly bumps
into should be disposed of ASAP. In my humble opinion, of course.

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de

-- This mail was written by a user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/