[arachne] Re: Slow scrolling of large screens

  • From: Florian Xaver <flox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:51:48 +0200

Hi!

Yes, we all know this. For me, DOS is a hobby and I like it.
I know that there are many advanced os, but I like it anyway.
And I think, with some more developers, DOS would be even "older", but also very good!

Yesterday I had to work with a spectrum analyser, which uses WinXP! That's only, because it has some features like "web configuration".
I think, this would be a good place for DOS, and even better than Linux.

Or my mp3 player. I would never use Linux, I am using DOS with MpxPlay.

Bye
 Flo

Rob wrote:

Just my opinion here, but most programmers would prolly
prefer working with other OSs because they can just do
more. There are Linuxes that run on 3 or 4 megs of ram,
and as little as 4 megs of disk space, or a 4 meg ramdrive.
No dickin with memmaker or config.sys or autoexec.bat to
try and squeeze enough memory, preemptive multitasking,
run a GUI, much easier to network or get on the 'net.
No matter how great a saddle and horseshoes you make,
nowadays, most people will drive a car to work. It's just
more pragmatic to design things for cars, than for horses.
Most Linux programmers know DOS quite well, they just don't
see the point in pursuing it any longer.
BTW millionare Mark Shuttleworth, hired a bunch of programmers.
That's how Ubuntu came about.
Rob:

-- Florian Xaver <http://www.flox.at.tf>

Dr-DOS  Wiki <http://www.drdos.org>
oZone-a GUI operating system for DOS,Linux,Win
SWORD-a nice GUI library for DOS/DJGPP
<http://www.flox.at.tf>

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --