[amayausers.com] Re: newbie, continued

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:22:12 -0500

You can get a crossover cable at ANY computer store, even Staples,
probably Walmart...it is a STANDARD piece of cable. Melco will charge you
4 times the price of Staples...
so don't get screwed ordering it...just run to the nearest computer geek place (Best Buy, etc.) and pick one up. You only need it long enough to go from the computer to the Amaya plus a couple of feet. And it doesn't matter if it's up in the
air or on the floor...LOL...the current flows anyways!
Code for Designshop is IN the dongle-you did get a dongle, didn't you? Actually, should be TWO of them and they have to be put on the computer in the correct order... which I can't tell you...I don't know...but one is for Design Shop the other is for Amaya OS. A tech can tell you from the serial number on the dongle which is which.
Good luck!
Now you know why I recommend calling in your local service rep...worth it!

Roland R. Irish III

www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
Check out our 'instant' catalogs
http://www.companycasuals.com/sunrisegraphics/start.jsp clothing and accessories for embroidery & screenprinting
http://www.plasticpromotions.com/?ID=SS850825D
http://www.healthypromotions.com/?ID=SS850825D
http://www.thewritepromotion.com/?ID=SS850825D

On Feb 26, 2010, at 3:00 PM, K Nehmer wrote:

Well, my software is here. Successfully loade dthe OS but the Design Shop Pro + wants my code--and, of course, it's no where to be found.............

Was told when I ordered the software that it probably was a software error when I can't get the computer to recognize the crossover cable--WRONG. Still get the message that the Amaya OS is not recognizing the ethernet connection. Is the only place to get a crossover cable Melco?

Kathy