[access-uk] Re: THE OLD CHESTNUT OF FREEDOM'S US AND UK PRICES

  • From: "Edward Green" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:57:09 +0100

Hi Richard,

I had this very discussion with Humanware a couple of years ago, as the
BrailleNote appeared to sell for around £800 more in the UK than in the US.
When I asked why, I was told that UK dealers provide more support, free no
obligation demos etc,  than in other countries.  I?m afraid I can?t speak
for whether this is true or not.

Interestingly, GW Micro will let you order directly from them and ship to
the UK for the US price.  Not that that helps unless you want to buy one of
their products.

Ed