[yshavurah] Concern about Privacy

  • From: Clevineys@xxxxxxx
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 07:07:39 -0500

Hello All,
     I had a disturbing internet experience this weekend.  Several friends were
talking about getting "Googled", which essentially means looking up yourself or
someone else using the Google search engine.  When I "googled" myself for fun,
I was shocked to find that in addition to the expected vita and picture, etc.
that is posted through Ohio State University, there were two Havurah listserv
postings as well.  Both were directly off this listserv and were (of course) of
a strictly private nature.  Since I assume that some of us would not be
comfortable with our private listserv emails going out to the world, I thought
I'd let you know and see what (if anything) we can do about it--or if anyone
else is concerned.
Thanks,
Cheryl