[yshavurah] Re: Concern about Privacy

  • From: Clevineys@xxxxxxx
  • To: linda@xxxxxxxxxxx, yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 20:19:45 -0500

In a message dated 1/4/2003 10:40:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
linda@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I was not aware that our list-serve was so easily accessed by a search
> engine.  I would never have listed members had I known that the
> information would be posted for all of the world to see.  Even now I
> feel constrained by what I am writing; I do not feel easy telling the
> world when we come and go, but there are times I would like to be able
> to tell our membership about our plans if they affect our ability to
> participate or not in a YSHavurah activity.
> I do not have a whole lot of expertise on list-serves but I would like
> for our group to use one which is not accessible to anyone
> but the
> subscribers.  Is this possible?

Hello All, and thanks so much to Linda for her response.  Although I did get
one private response, I was also really surprised that so few responded.  I do
not want our private group discussions to be public fodder...period.  My vote
is this:  I want to change to a private listserv, if such a thing is even
possible.  If this is not possible, or only for a fee, we should have a group
discussion so that we can make an intelligent decision about this breach of
privacy. I would like to hear what the rest of you think.
Hope all is well, and welcome back from your trip, Linda!
Cheryl