[yoshimi] Re: Command Line - again and again

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 23:14:11 +0000

Just to let you know the help menu and lists are updated, and you can now set
*all* effects, sends and their levels. You can also select their presets :)

There is much more control possible in effects, but I'll leave that for now and
move on to other controls. I'm trying to implement the most used ones first. Not
only does that make Yoshimi more usable, but gives me the chance to develop a
better understanding of how it all goes together.

I'm trying to make the most used commands have the shortest abbreviations -
especially the top level ones. So currently we have "? (help)", "s (set)", "l
(list)" along with "sa (save)", "lo (load)", "st (stop)", "ex (exit)".

Exit could have been single letter, but I force two so it's less likely someone
will accidentally type it. I'm also toying with the idea of adding "r (read)"
to work in parallel with set for returning a specific value.

One other thing. It occurs to me that it might be an idea to use capitals to
help identify the minimum abbreviations. It won't make any difference to the
parser as all commands are tested case insensitive. However, I don't know if
that would actually be any benefit to blind musicians. I shall ask around.

Onwards and upwards:)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk