[yoshimi] Re: Command Line - again :)

  • From: Jonathan Brickman <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:39:05 -0600

Wow, Will. Those are amazing developments.

Tell me: can this be used to, say, take a single whole Yoshimi instance and
apply an effect such as distortion, to the whole?

J.E.B.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

With things settling down again the current 'master' has some more work on
this.

It now has the beginnings of level sensing and reporting.

If you do "set part 5 "(say)

Your prompt will now show "yoshimi part 5>"

and if you enter either ".." or "/" you'll go back to plain "yoshimi>",
but will
still be on part 5. There is only one level at the moment, later the two
different forms will be significant.

If you want to go back to the part level without changing the part number
you
can do "set part ?". I'll improve this later.

Also once on part level "set 8" will immediately change to part number 8
and
"set prog 107" sets the program for that part. The same is true for all the
other part level controls.

Further to that, while in part level you can still do most of the base
level
commands.

Most of the commands can be reduced to single letter abbreviations so
getting
round is pretty fast:

"s p 10 p 107"

will set part 10 to program 107 and leave you at the part level, and after
this:

"s c 3" will change its midi receive channel to 3.

I think the next bit I want to tackle is effects. This will show on the
prompt
as one of:

effects system
effects insert
effects part n

and you will then be able to change these.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk

*Jonathan E. Brickman jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx