[yoshimi] Re: CC2 and Aftertouch in Yoshimi

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 20:02:44 +0000

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 04:32:49 +0000
Gilles <blondingilles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Will would it be possible to route aftertouch to the vibratto knob of the
Adsynth voice parameter to see what kind of result it would give? Or would
that be to complicated to do just for test purposes.
Gilles

Well, that was 'interesting' :?

Aftertouch is not a CC but a control type in it's own right. Also there are two
forms, channel and key. So, in the same way as pitch bend is translated to
CC 1000, key aftertouch is reported as CC 900 and channel aftertouch as CC
901.

Hooks are now in place (in MusicIO.cpp) but I haven't gone any further yet.
This needs quite a bit of thought, and I don't want to get too distracted from
command line stuff.

As usual, if anyone else wants to progress with this please do so :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk