Re: on and off topic on installing Xywrite and other programs and windows on new pc

  • From: "Avrom Fischer" <avromf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:44:56 -0400

Dear Richard

Thanks for your suggestion.  I do have an external 500 gig hard drive which I
use for back up plus another pc with a 160 gig hard drive which I will also use
for backup.  My concern is not so much a mechanical failure of a hard drive,
but rather malware or virus.   I have found if windows is completely isolated
that invariably it is the windows that is infected and it is easiest to cure by
simply reinstalling it.  I agree with you  that if there is a mechanical
failure nothing can save the data on the drive.