Re: [Wittrs] The Language Game of Professional Philosopher

  • From: Han Geurdes <han.geurdes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:06:05 +0200

Hi Sean,

If I may. It does not matter whether e.g. Wittgenstein was a
professional philospher. I think he would even disliked the idea of
being one.

We read Philosophical Investigations. First perhaps because of its
title but then because of what is in the book.

Wittgenstein and Russel were succesful because of what they thought
and in this sense we also may wonder whether Socrates was a
professional philosopher. Still we honour Socrates as a philosopher.
Moreover, the famous Richard paradox was invented by Jean Richard a
school teacher.

I mean,...., A points at B and says 'This is a professional
philosopher'. Then I ask the question 'Shouldn't there be a white long
beard ?'

Monthy Python type of a topic you are involved in.

Best
Han