[wisb] UW Arboretum, Madison, Dane County

  • From: "Charles Henrikson" <ckhenrikson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:59:36 -0500

I birded from 7-10:00am at the UW Arboretum.
It was another gorgeous, warm day for October!

Special sightings of the day:

    There were American Robins all over the place.  I don't think I've ever
seen so many in one spot.

    I saw 1 Pileated Woodpecker.  I have not seen any since last spring but
know a pair has been in the arboretum for at least 4-5 years, maybe more.

    The most common sparrows were the White-throated and White-crowned
Sparrows, but I really think the 2 Lincoln Sparrows I saw won the beauty
contest.

    The only warblers I saw were Palm and Yellow-rumped Warblers.

    There were lots of Wild Turkeys out on Longenecker Garden with 2 males in
full feather display.

My eBird report is appended below.

Good birding to all and enjoy these special fall days!  You know what comes
next.

Chuck Henrikson
Madison, Dane County

eBird Report