[wisb] UW Arboretum, Madison, Dane County

  • From: "Charles Henrikson" <ckhenrikson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:56:23 -0500

Another beautiful day in the UW Arboretum!
I saw one Tree Swallow in the arboretum a couple days ago but today there were
lots of them (15) over the Curtis Prairie and Longenecker Garden.  Watch out
Eastern Bluebirds, the competition for housing has arrived.

FOYs for me were 4 Northern Flickers and 2 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers

The Dark-eyed Juncos and Fox Sparrows are still here.

I haven't seen any warblers yet but I'm hopeful that they will be here soon.

Appended below is my eBird report of today's sightings.

Good birding to all,

Chuck Henrikson
Madison, Dane County

      1 Canada Goose