[windows2000] Re: Terminal server

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:45:24 +0000

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:36:13 +0100, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Basically, get your numbers right (as in cost) and come
> well-prepared. Also make sure you understand the "human side" of
> it, not just the techie-side, as I guess most of us (unfortunately)
> do.

I find it helps to use car analogies to a lot of non techy people.
When it comes to internet connections, water pipes seem to be the best
analogy here!

> Also the former message here, present an expensive offer first
> (which you don't really want), the the cheaper one, which you
> really want, works very well, but the ethics there are not the
> best. It's probably not the way you want to do future business
> either.

If the business needs something, I'll do my best to make sure it gets
it! I agree its not the best way though :)

> Besides, if you can't argue for a piece of hard- or software, do
> your really need it? 8-)

Ah, but its not always a case of need, sometimes its a case of want :D

Andrew