[windows2000] Re: Terminal server

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:36:13 +0100

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:26:48 +0000, Dogers wrote:

>Oi, get yer own thread ;)
>
>You might be best off asking a Citrix reseller to come in and give
>your management the blurb, then let them know afterwards that theres a
>cheaper version in the form of terminal services.. depending on what
>your management is like, of course!

There was an article in the Redmond Magazine recently about this
(september or october issue, not sure which, check below url)

>http://www.redmondmag.com/

how to get what you want.

Basically, get your numbers right (as in cost) and come
well-prepared. Also make sure you understand the "human side" of
it, not just the techie-side, as I guess most of us (unfortunately)
do.

Also the former message here, present an expensive offer first
(which you don't really want), the the cheaper one, which you
really want, works very well, but the ethics there are not the
best. It's probably not the way you want to do future business
either.

Besides, if you can't argue for a piece of hard- or software, do
your really need it? 8-)

HTH.

BW,

Sorin