[windows2000] Re: Remote software removal

  • From: "JD Jacque" <werenomads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:44:10 -0700

It an Uninstall routine was created with the installation, then you
could schedule a removal on each machine.  If not, then I'd advise
using InstallWatch and track a new installation of turbonote, so as
to collect the information needed to create a routine to uninstall
turbonote.  When you know all the changes made to your system, you
can reverse them.
DLS

On 1 Apr 2003 at 14:35,
[windows2000] Remote software remov
Chris Berry Chris Berry <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need to remove a piece of software (turbonote to be specific) from
46
computers.  Does anyone know how to do this remotely so that I don't
have to
go to each machine, log in, and remove it manually.
By the way, my md5 integrity checker program will be ready for alpha
release
soon.  I've got it working well on one machine, just need to do a
little
automating, and set it up to do the whole network.  Probably be ready
in a
week or two in case anyone is interested.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens.  The

sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides