[windows2000] Re: Remote software removal

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:48:20 -0500

Is there a command line you could run at a particular workstation that would
remove the program silently?  If so, you could run it on each machine with
PSExec.

Like a variation of the Unwise command or a variation on the MSI command?

Take a look at the command line that is run by the "Uninstall Turbonet" icon
if one exists, or if it is in the Add/Remove programs list, look in the
registry for the uninstall command, and then try variations of that until
you find the right switches for silent un-install.  Then script PSExec in a
batch file...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.