[windows2000] Re: RES: Re: WAAAAYYY OT: FrontPage help needed

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:36:00 -0800

From: "Jeff Stockard" <JStockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Don't bottom post.

See rfc1855 "If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context."

Nearly everyone else on this list top posts,

Not true, though more do here than elsewhere because it's the default setting for MS Outlook and Outlook Express and they're too lazy to change it.

including the moderator. I have noticed that you do not rant when he posts.

I try not to do it for every message because that would be annoying, but If I'm going to reply to a message anyways and its a messed up top posted jumble I'll mention it, even if it happens to be the moderator.

Top-posting when you send a quick one-off message to a friend is idiosyncratic but not terrible, doing it in a discussion where the email may have multiple levels of replys is downright annoying.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Live dangerously, overclock your servers."

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)