[windows2000] OT: ASP VBScript Interact with Desktop

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:11:45 -0400

Sorry for the OT post, but I'm betting someone here (Ray?) knows the
answer...

I am trying to do something that I think should be simple... I want to
invoke a program on my web server via ASP/VBScript.

But I want the application to be visible and interactable (is that a
word) to the currently logged on user at the desktop.

I've tried a number of different combinations of "Allow service to
interact", different accounts for the web services, and granting
different accounts rights in the DACL for the Winstation and the
Desktop, to no avail.

This should be simple... What am I doing wrong?

Here is my stripped out code:
<%
Dim objShell
Set objShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
strCommand = "notepad.exe"
objShell.Run(strCommand)
Set objShell = Nothing
Response.Write(strCommand)