[windows2000] Re: OT: ASP VBScript Interact with Desktop

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:33:47 -0400

I THINK that changing it in the com services thing will do it, but I can't
say for sure.  Most people just say screw it and put the IWAM account in the
local admin group.  :)  But what OS is on the server?  If it's 2003, you can
setup an application pool that runs under a specific account that has rights
required within the domain to execute commands on remote machines and to
launch GSAK.  I THINK that the app pool credentials apply to out-of-process
processes, but I'm not sure.  I always just use trial and error to get such
things to work and hope that I didn't leave a giant security hole behind.
:-/

Don't feel bad at all when you're trying to jerry-rig things into working
ways they weren't originally intended.  That always makes for a good
challenge!

The "Ray at home" probably was me.  :]