[windows2000] Re: OT: ASP VBScript Interact with Desktop

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:45:01 -0400

I kinda follow what you mean, I think.  :]  I guess you could try still
doing the same approach that I suggested, but startup
\\yourServer\someShare\GSAK.exe  The app itself will have to be run on that
person's computer.

So, this GSAK program doesn't have a command-line interface or an add-on
that would give it one or anything?

As for impersonation in classic ASP, most people either just ran pages NOT
under the IUSR account in order to "be" someone else.  But if you wanted to
decide who you are on the fly, most people would use a component to do this.
Many upload components, i.e. ASPUpload, have an impersonation feature.

Ray at work