[windows2000] Re: OT: ASP VBScript Interact with Desktop

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:01:27 -0400

This isn't really possible to do.  Well, that's not really true.  Will the
person be logged onto the same machine that's hosting the ASP page?  Or will
it be Joe User logged onto \\JoesDesktop while accessing a site on
\\WebServer1?

You may have to do something like change that site in question from being
run under the IUSR_local_machine account to an account that has admin rights
on Joe User's machine.  Then, use a remote process starter (rcmd.exe from
the Resource Kit?) to remotely start the app on Joe User's computer.

Is something like this an option?  I'd try it first in a vbs file on your
computer before trying to get it to then work in the IIS environment.

Does anyone have a good remote process starter (with a command line
interface) to recommend?  I could try out some code here and post it.

Ray at work