[windows2000] Re: NTFS-permissions

  • From: Daryl Ehrenheim <d.ehrenheim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:20:48 -0700

I don't think that linux and samba will solve your problem either. If they
have Read-Only access to the file, they should still be able to save it or
copy the file to a new location. I use a Linux server with Samba here and I
can control who has access to the folders and files, but I can't stop them
from copying the data to another location. Go to the Samba website and
browse through the documentation, that might give you some answers.

Daryl S. Ehrenheim
Bargreen Ellingson - IT Support