[windows2000] Re: NTFS-permissions

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:03:25 -0400

The only thing I know of that works at the NTFS level would be encryption
options.  But if they can authenticate to the computer then they have access
- which is probably not what you want.

Maybe when WinFS happens...

Microsoft is doing work with the office suite that allows the document
publisher (word, excel, ppt, publisher, etc) to encode permissions that can
prevent either printing or saving - however that does not prevent file
access copying (and is specific to their apps).  I seem to remember that
Adobe is like that too.

Regards,

tim