[windows2000] Re: NTFS-permissions

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:09:13 +0200

----Original Message----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Spanne Sent:
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 1:19 AM To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: NTFS-permissions

> I would look into Adobe Acrobat. I believe the newest versions allow
for
> control that may prevent anything but viewing.  I know for sure it can
> prevent printing, and cut and paste options. If not Acrobat, I would
bet
> there is a product out there that would do this.
> David Spanne

Acrobat is good at what it does, but unfortunately I need a more general
way to this with all kind of files, be it word docs, data files, raw
data output from instruments (even mp3-files ;-), you name it.

BTW, I rolled a free software based on ghostscript and ghostview called
PDFCreator that seems to have hit the spot for the users here. The best
thing is that it also comes packaged in an msi-format, ready to deploy
via AD. Thought I'd pass the word.

Acrobat *is* rather expensive...