[windows2000] Re: Home router recommendations

  • From: "Bob Coffman - Info From Data Corp." <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:28:15 -0400

>Bottom line, be open minded, because there are always other
options.

Amen.  Platform independence is a good thing.

On the home router suggestions, I'm glad Ray asked, because I was going to
toss this out.  Another Linux based option is Leaf Bering uClibc.  Learning
curve is somewhat large, however, if you take the time you'll be glad you
did.  And the mail list is very congenial, thank you very much :)

Also, on a related note, take a look at OpenVPN (which will run on Leaf but
doesn't have to, there are even Windows ports) to solve your work/home
connectivity issue.

- Bob Coffman