[windows2000] Re: Home router recommendations

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:24:40 -0400

Thanks for the links!

> Have you considered getting a linux firewall appliance, like say
> Smoothwall? I
> use one and have found it to be very flexible. I run it off of a
> P2/350-machine. Works like a champ. The install is pretty easy too
> (self-starting cd-iso). Only disadvantage might be that you won't want
> to go
> back using appliances like the di-604 after though. It has a plethora
> of 3rd
> party add-ons as well.

I am constantly torn between solutions that I can implement with very little
time and ones that require a great learning curve. The reason that I'm torn
between these two is that I LIKE the learning curve, but I get too bogged
down and then never get anything done.  I'd imagine this sounds familiar to
most people though.  :]

Ray at work