[windows2000] DNS

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.Beckett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:18:29 -0400

List, please settle a minor argument.

I hear time and time again how if DNS is not setup properly, then AD will
not work properly. I've also seen this in action and it does cause speed
issues among others.
There is a plant in Mexico which has their DNS setup internally and a native
2000 domain. However, they are also part of a larger network and while not
part of the larger network's domain, they are physically on the same
network. Therefore, their machines get their DHCP and DNS info from the
machines of the larger network.
So, they've got a Terminal server pointing to 5 different DNS servers, some
are on the internal network, the others on the larger network. Isn't this
setup going to cause problems?