[windows2000] Re: DNS

  • From: "Ray at work" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:06:49 -0400

I'm NOT a DNS guru, so perhaps I shouldn't be answering.  But, you know I
like to talk.

I think that typically when people name their AD domains with a .com (as
opposed to a .local or some other non-Internet extension), you have to
create a host with a name of WWW with your site's IP address.  (Assuming
your site uses www. as a subdomain).

It seems as though from what you're asking, company abc would have the same
problems as company xyz.  Can abc currently get to the Web site just by
going to abc.com?  I'd think that would resolve to the DC, not the IIS
server, internal or external.

Ray at work