Re: winamp updating.

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:59:55 -0800

Hi, Herman, open up winamp, and then go to preferences with control p,
then go to the top of the tree-view with your home key, and down arrow
once to general preferences, and once there, tab to the check box that
says check for new versions of winamp at start-up, and uncheck the box,
and tab to the close button, and press the space bar, and you won't get
the new version update message anymore.
--Original Message Text---
From: Herman
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:06:44 -0000

Hi Gang,
How can I stop the message that keeps popping up everytime I click on a
mp3 file, asking whether I want to update to the latest version of
Winamp.
I am using winamp5.12, and I don't want to update to winamp5.2, or,
5.21.
I just cannot find the part to disable that message.
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
Regards,
Herman.

Marty