Re: this whole station info thing in preferences...

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:23:08 -0600

Hey Joanie
Actually, the station info thing I'm referring to is in the options, with control plus p in the general preferences section.
go to your preferences and then when you hear, tree 1 tree view, press your home key and you'll get to Winamp pro. then arrow down until you hear general preferences open, 11 items. Mine says 12 because I have an extra plugin that installs something in there, but yours should say, general preferences open, 11 items. if you keep arrowing down you should run into a part of the preferences that will allow you to hide the station info window that everybody's having so much trouble with. so like I said keep arrowing down through the differennt items, and you'll hear station info. i believe it's the 4th item down. then when you hit that, press your tab key a few times.
So if you find that, just check whatever boxes you think will help, the one i would definitely check says hide the station info window on tune-in. That should get rid of it for you. So don't look in the library, where you wanna be is preferences. Hope this helps.

At 12:08 AM 11/26/2005, you wrote:

Hi Marty and all,
I have the same operating system on this computer and I was able to get
the winamp library to come up but when I got to station info, I
couldn't read anything. I was stuck on station info using control tab
didn't do anything. I installed the new winamp over the other one, too.
At first I was able to read that there were one thousand stations and
then I think I pressed tab and got to station info and after that I
couldn't move forward or backward with tab and shift tab.  I was just
stuck. I shut down winamp and then brought it back up and the same
thing happened again. Somehow we've gone backward instead of forward
with the new winamp. Oh yeah when I used the mouse keys when I was
stuck on station info all I got was graphic graphic graphic. Now I'm
wondering why I even installed the new winamp, maybe if it ain't broke,
don't fix it applies here.
I still have my  book marked stations so all isn't lost, however I
can't get past station info now no matter what I do. I just tried to
run winamp again. Perhaps a reboot will do it.
Take care
Joanie
joaniemarie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx