what's going on with winamp?

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp for the blind list" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:46:34 -0800

Hi all, I have had it, so I went back to winamp 5.094 with the bug in
the playlist editor, to try and see if restoring that version would
restore the library, but no go, but at least in this version, I can tab
between the boxes without tabbing past the custom control that I was
plagued with in 5.111, and 5.112, and still, no items in the library
are being searched, even though I changed the number of stations to
1000, so I wonder why this is happening, because, I disabled kerio
personal firewall, and still, I couldn't get the library to search, but
at least, I set things up the way I would like them, but also, could
people try this, which I noticed the morning after installing winamp
5.112, and that is, on that morning, I tried playing some mp3's just
after I came on line, and when I would press enter on a file, nothing
would happen, but it would act as though the file was opening, yet
there was no winamp window, and so I re-booted, and all was well, but
with 5.112, it does this with cd's of mp3's, in that, especially on the
first cut of the session, if I was using a cd, it would wait, and wait,
and finally it would start to play, and if I tried pressing enter on
the particular file again, two of the file would start playing, and
this does not happen with winamp 5.094, but I'd rather put up with the
bug of the playlist editor than to have mp3's from cd not playing, or
not playing right away, and I know that winamp is getting out, as I
listened to a minute of Jeff's jamborie, so I can understand a limited
amount of streams, but no streams when I have the number set to 1000 I
don't understand.  This with winamp 5.094, windows 98 se, 192 megs of
ram, and window-eyes 5.5 if anybody has any ideas.  The only thing I
can think of, is that something in the registry is blocking access to
the winamp library stations.  Thanks in advance for any type of help.

Marty