Re: What the heck is the LineIn plugin?

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:22:27 -0800

Hi, Ann, the line in plugin in the non advanced controls of the server
you're broadcasting with allows your voice to go out over the air,
however, if you use the option that in sound blaster live sound cards
is called what you hear, and in other sound cards, it is called stereo
mixer, you won't have to use the line in plugin, plus, there are
versions of the stereo line in plugin that eat up resources.  You can
hear Jonathan Mosen do a demonstration of the line in plugin from his
shoutcast tutorial at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1055.mp3
and a second time at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1096.mp3