[win2kforum] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Greg Chapman" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:47:57 -0500

I'd say the next step is to investigate whether it's a heat problem. I'd
suggest visiting the CMOS and setting the CPU to a lower speed and see
if your lock ups become a little less frequent. If it gets better,
you'll need to look at cleaning up the airflow in the case with round
cables, more or faster fans or settling for a lower CPU speed.

And of course if there is no change, it will be time to look in another
direction for the source of the problem.

Greg Chapman
http://www.mousetrax.com
"Counting in binary is as easy as 01, 10, 11!
With thinking this clear, is coding really a good idea?"