[win2kforum]

  • From: Sebastian Miller <Sebastian.Miller@xxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:44:00 +0100 (MET)

win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 07.02.02:
Hi Sebastian,
How did you overcome your problem? Did you just change the HDD?
And was it then possible to boot "normaly" again?

At the moment, when I want to boot, then I have to try to come into the
BIOS-Setup, leave the setup, and then the PC continues to boot...

Regards
Oded

---

Hi Oded!
By the way, you don't speak German? ;-) (cause of your eMail-provider).
Whatever. Yes, I sent the HDD directly to Seagate (precisely: a friend of
mine did so:-). I got one back, but it got damaged during transport. So I once
again went to my hardware vendor. He then gave me Samsung drive - now I
didn't encounter any probs any more ;-).

To answer your Question: Yes, I replaced the damaged one. That's no problem
- I thought your one was very new, too? It should be within the guarantee
period.

That's why to save your files. You could also make a simple Ghost-Image so
you can minimize your reinstalling efforts.

sincerely yours
Sebastian

http://www.gmx.net