[webproducers] Re: PMI Certification

  • From: Al Arboleda <aarbol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:21:39 -0700

Keren,

I am also  PMI certified. I agree with Greg's comment that more jobs are
putting down PMP certification down as a requirement.

But just plain experience, contacts, and reference projects are what people
are going to focus on when selecting candidates..

Going through the process of getting certified you learn a great deal about
project management that is applicable to any situation.

I also don't think that  I would have ever taken the time or been allowed
the time at work to focus on project management.

A lot of people get into project management not by choice but more by
circumstance .

Certification forces you too look at and treat project management as a
discipline.

At least that is my take on the worth of it.

AA