[webproducers] Re: PMI Certification

  • From: "Greg Glaser" <gglaser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:20:43 -0500

Keren -

I'm PMI certified--have been for about a year.

Since I'm actually *looking* for work now it's very helpful: Many PM
positions (in the D/FW area, at least) are requiring it, so it's opened
a lot more doors. It's the kind of thing that will make strangers or
recruiters take notice of you and in some cases put your resume on that
shorter stack...

But depending on your network of business colleagues, I wouldn't
necessarily call it "necessary." Don't get me wrong: I'm proud of the
certification because I take the work seriously but ultimately I still
think it's who you know that'll land you a position.

Just one guy's opinion. And I'm available for hire in the Dallas area,
if you know of anything. :-)

Greg Glaser, PMP
gglaser@xxxxxxxxx

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx