[webproducers] Re: PMI Certification

  • From: "Michael Randazzo" <randazzm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gglaser@xxxxxxxxx>, <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:53:13 -0400

We looked into the possibility of a PMI connenction for The New School
curriculum, but I was not certain if this was as necessary as a strong
grounding in the specific tools of new media as well as fundamental
project management skills.  I would embrace an open dialogue on this -
we would like to offer appropriate curriculum for new media/web
producers (and have been tinkering with this curriculum for the last 3
years) - as the question of official certification is an important one
for employment.

Michael Randazzo
Director
Computer Instruction Center
The New School

 >>> gglaser@xxxxxxxxx 04/29/02 11:22 AM >>>

Keren -

I'm PMI certified--have been for about a year.

Since I'm actually *looking* for work now it's very helpful: Many PM
positions (in the D/FW area, at least) are requiring it, so it's opened
a lot more doors. It's the kind of thing that will make strangers or
recruiters take notice of you and in some cases put your resume on that
shorter stack...

But depending on your network of business colleagues, I wouldn't
necessarily call it "necessary." Don't get me wrong: I'm proud of the
certification because I take the work seriously but ultimately I still
think it's who you know that'll land you a position.

Just one guy's opinion. And I'm available for hire in the Dallas area,
if you know of anything. :-)

Greg Glaser, PMP
gglaser@xxxxxxxxx

website.

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me,
morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx