[webproducers] Re: PMI Certification

  • From: AKF <outdoorminer2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

I've found that so many projects require specific skills and
experience that's unique to new media to the point where
certification often seems like an overkill.

Also, being certified is no match for real-world experience.

--- Michael Randazzo <randazzm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We looked into the possibility of a PMI connenction for The
> New School
> curriculum, but I was not certain if this was as necessary as
> a strong
> grounding in the specific tools of new media as well as
> fundamental
> project management skills.  I would embrace an open dialogue
> on this -
> we would like to offer appropriate curriculum for new
> media/web
> producers (and have been tinkering with this curriculum for
> the last 3
> years) - as the question of official certification is an
> important one
> for employment.
>
> Michael Randazzo
> Director
> Computer Instruction Center
> The New School
>
>  >>> gglaser@xxxxxxxxx 04/29/02 11:22 AM >>>
>
> Keren -
>
> I'm PMI certified--have been for about a year.
>
> Since I'm actually *looking* for work now it's very helpful:
> Many PM
> positions (in the D/FW area, at least) are requiring it, so
> it's opened
> a lot more doors. It's the kind of thing that will make
> strangers or
> recruiters take notice of you and in some cases put your
> resume on that
> shorter stack...
>
> But depending on your network of business colleagues, I
> wouldn't
> necessarily call it "necessary." Don't get me wrong: I'm proud
> of the
> certification because I take the work seriously but ultimately
> I still
> think it's who you know that'll land you a position.
>
> Just one guy's opinion. And I'm available for hire in the
> Dallas area,
> if you know of anything. :-)
>
> Greg Glaser, PMP
> gglaser@xxxxxxxxx

> the
> website.
>
> Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me,
> morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me,
morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

=====
"He lies on his side / is he trying to hide?
In fact it's the earth that he's known since birth"

                                      --- Wire (Outdoor Miner)

http://www.stereosociety.com/ram/outdoo.ram

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx